Emotional Fuel

  1.  For me, I grew up in a very abusive household so a healthy family has always been an unclear vision. When I began to grow close to my best friend her family, they would comfort me and remind me that I deserve so much more than I grew up being given and they reminded me that it wasn't all in my mind, that everything I had gone through was valid and was indeed, abuse. This group of people filled my heart and made me feel fuel, made me feel loved and appreciated and gave me hope for the future. This happened approximately 3 years ago and still to this day, they give me the emotional fuel I need to keep pushing for the future they opened my eyes too. I had always been optimistic, but since meeting them and connecting with them like that, they have constantly been the reminder that even if life is crappy in the moment, it grows to be so much better if you push as towards the future you would like.
  2. As leaders, we need accountability and support, because without accountability, we will not feel pressure to do our best and may lead others down the wrong path when we stray from it. As well as support, when we are at our lowest, we need to reach out for help, because overall trying to solve problems alone is most often the worst choice when you can reach out to someone else. Getting support also demonstrates to other people the importance of reaching out and improves stigma around needing and asking for help that exists today.
  3. In a relationship, a person can be there for someone when experiencing a rough situation, as vice versa. When you are there for someone in a rough time, it helps to comfort and strengthen you, and promotes a quicker recovery back onto dealing with emotional stress. Furthermore, people who push you to do better also strengthen yourself and it can become a mutual relationship of pushing one another to be better and growing together.
  4. Being unique and having symbolic images or symbols allows one to have their own individuality which promotes emotional fuel, it promotes an individual sense of self and allows one to feel control of their own emotions and know what to look to or think back to when they are running low or having an off day. On the topic of providing emotional fuel to others, if a leader is consistent to their own beliefs, but does not follow others, it allows others to see and be refreshed in the uniqueness of such an idea and they can feel comforted by the fact that they have someone to lead who is their own ideal self.
  5. In my own life, when I have arguments with someone or conflict, I reach out to those I trust because there are factors in my background that make me susceptible to think more deeply than just the reality of the situation. I reach out because when it comes to certain scenarios, such as having to ask for comfort when a situation causes me to cry and feel alone, because while it is difficult to reach out, I know that I struggle and need those to help me get back on my feet because I am susceptible to burning myself out when in those situation alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thermostat or Thermometer

Drivers & Passengers